DUAL INPUT with SOLAR 50Amp 3-Stage DC-DC Battery Charger / Isolator.
Redarc has released a bigger and more powerful 12-volt dual input 50amp in-vehicle battery charger.
Distinguished by new ‘red line’ styling, the South Australian RV electronics specialist says its new BCDC1250D dual battery charger is the most powerful in the Redarc BCDC range, delivering 50-amp charging output.
It’s been designed to work with all major lead-acid batteries, as well as the latest lithium (LiFeP04) batteries, and features an additional ‘Soft Start’ charging stage for more demanding applications.
The unit will charge from both solar and the alternator simultaneously, although will select solar charge first, to help take the load off the vehicle’s alternator. Separate vehicle DC and solar inputs also help simplify the installation process.
The 50-amp charger is compatible with both standard and variable voltage/smart alternators and can be used in both 12 and 24-volt vehicle systems.
Redarc’s Managing Director, Anthony Kittel, said the new Australian designed, built and tested 50amp model will allow users to charge higher capacity batteries or multiple battery banks.
“The 1250D has been tested in the extreme heat of the outback and can operate up to 80°C allowing a flexible install, whether mounted in an engine bay to inside a caravan or camper trailer,” he said.
Suitable for DIY Instillation
The BCDC is supplied with detailed fitting instructions, and is suitable for DIY fitment by those with basic electrical knowledge.
Vehicles that will require either the BCDC1220-IGN, BCDC1225LV , BCDC1225D or BCDC1250D units are:
- Toyota Hilux D4D 3lt & 2.8lt Diesel;
- Toyota Prado D4D 3lt + 2.8lt Turbo Diesel;
- Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series D4D Common Rail;
- Toyota Landcruiser 76/79 Series D4D Common Rail;
- 2010 onwards Toyota Kluger Petrol;
- BF Falcon onwards;
- VE Commodore onwards;
- Nissan D40 Navara 2011 onwards;
- Nissan R51 Pathfinder 2011 onwards;
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2010 onwards;
- Range Rover Discovery 4 2011 onwards;
- BMW X5 2010 onwards;
- Ford PX1 & PX2 Ranger 2011 onwards
- Ford Everest
- Mazda BT50 2011 onwards
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2012 onwards
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport + Triton (2016-on)
- Mazda Spirit.
FREE Registered Postage Australia Wide with Insurance