The REDARC BCDC1240D is a 12V 40A In-vehicle DC to DC battery charger.
The REDARC BCDC1240D In-vehicle Battery Charger is the next generation in REDARC’s DC to DC charging technology, with additional features that make it the most advanced dual battery charger on the market.
Featuring a Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) solar regulator, the BCDC1240D will charge from both solar and the alternator simultaneously. With built-in ‘Green Power Priority’ it will select solar charging first, meaning less load on the alternator.
Suitable for 12 or 24-volt vehicle systems, the unit will also work with either standard or variable/smart alternators.
The BCDC1240D also comes with patented charging profiles, including a lithium charging profile. The ‘Dual’ input range will continue to charge all other types of batteries including AGM, GEL, standard lead acid and calcium.
As a guide, the BCDC1240D is used for battery bank sizes over 200AH. For smaller batteries of 75-200AH REDARC recommends the BCDC1225D.
Proven and Tested
The award-winning technology in the BCDC has been independently verified and tested to ensure battery life is maximized, charging your battery to a proven 100%.
Built in Australia and tested for our unique conditions, the DC to DC battery charger will work in the extreme heat of the Simpson Desert, up to 80°C and can handle deep water crossings at Cape York – water, dust and vibration are no match for this charger.
If you’re heading out into the bush and want to get there and back again safely – you can trust REDARC.
- Separate DC and solar charging inputs
- Maximize’s the performance and life of your auxiliary battery
- Simultaneous DC and solar charging with Green Power Priority
- Suits 12V/24V standard and variable voltage/smart alternators
- Suitable for AGM, GEL, standard lead acid, calcium and LiFePO4 batteries
|Input (Operating) Voltage||9 – 32VDC|
|Output System Voltage||12VDC|
|Maximum Charging Voltage||15.3V|
|Output Current Rating (Cont.)||40A|
|Input Fuse Rating||60A|
|Output Fuse Rating||60A|
|Standby Current Draw||<100mA|
Vehicles that will require either the BCDC1220-IGN , BCDC1225D , BCDC1240D or BCDC1250D units are:
- Toyota Hilux D4D 3lt & 2.8lt Diesel;
- Toyota Prado D4D 3lt + 2.8lt Turbo Diesel;
- Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series D4D Common Rail;
- Toyota Landcruiser 76/79 Series D4D Common Rail;
- 2010 onwards Toyota Kluger Petrol;
- BF Falcon onwards;
- VE Commodore onwards;
- Nissan D40 Navara 2011 onwards;
- Nissan R51 Pathfinder 2011 onwards;
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2010 onwards;
- Range Rover Discovery 4 2011 onwards;
- BMW X5 2010 onwards;
- Ford PX1 & PX2 Ranger 2011 onwards
- Ford Everest
- Mazda BT50 2011 onwards
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2012 onwards
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport + Triton (2016-on)
- Mazda Spirit.
FREE Registered Postage Australia Wide with Insurance