DUAL INPUT with SOLAR 25Amp 3-Stage DC-DC Battery Charger / Isolator.
The REDARC BCDC1225D In-vehicle Battery Charger is the next generation in REDARC’s DC to DC charging technology, with additional features that make it the most advanced dual battery charger on the market.
Featuring a Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) solar regulator, the BCDC1225D will charge from both solar and the alternator simultaneously. And, with built in ‘Green Power Priority’ it will select solar charging first, meaning less load on the alternator.
Suitable for 12 or 24 volt vehicle systems, the unit will also work with either standard or variable/smart alternators.
The BCDC1225D features the same patented charging profiles as it’s predecessor along with a new lithium charging profile making the unit suitable for charging AGM, Gel, Standard Lead Acid, Calcium and LiFePO4 batteries.
|Input (Operating) Voltage||9 – 32VDC|
|Output System Voltage||12VDC|
|Maximum Charging Voltage||15.3V|
|Output Current Rating (Cont.)||25A|
|Input Current (Max.)||25A|
|Input Fuse Rating||40A|
|Output Fuse Rating||40A|
|Standby Current Draw||<100mA|
Proven and Tested
The award winning technology in the BCDC has been independently verified and tested to ensure battery life is maximised, charging your battery to a proven 100%.
Trusted for its Australian design and tested for our unique conditions, the DC to DC battery charger will work in the extreme heat of the Simpson Desert, up to 80°C and can handle deep water crossings at Cape York – water, dust and vibration are no match for this charger.
If you’re heading out into the bush and want to get there and back again safely – you can trust REDARC.
- Separate DC and solar charging inputs
- Maximises the performance and life of your auxiliary battery
- Simultaneous DC and solar charging with Green Power Priority
- Suits 12V/24V standard and variable voltage/smart alternators
- Suitable for AGM, GEL, standard lead acid, calcium and LiFePO4 batteries
Three Stage DC Charger
The BCDC offers three stages during the charge cycle:
· Boost: The initial charging stage uses a high amount of current, to quickly top the battery up
· Absorption: The second charging stage uses a slower charging rate, conditioning the battery
· Float: The third charging stage provides a stable charge rate, maintaining the battery
In addition to these stages, the BCDC also tests for the condition of battery, and adjusts its’ charge rates to suit. As the BCDC acts as a voltage booster, a large cable run is not required on the input side of the unit.
Suitable for DIY Instillation
The BCDC is supplied with detailed fitting instructions, and is suitable for DIY fitment by those with basic electrical knowledge.
Vehicles that will require either the BCDC1220-IGN, BCDC1225LV or BCDC1225D units are:
- Toyota Hilux D4D 3lt & 2.8lt Diesel;
- Toyota Prado D4D 3lt + 2.8lt Turbo Diesel;
- Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series D4D Common Rail;
- Toyota Landcruiser 76/79 Series D4D Common Rail;
- 2010 onwards Toyota Kluger Petrol;
- BF Falcon onwards;
- VE Commodore onwards;
- Nissan D40 Navara 2011 onwards;
- Nissan R51 Pathfinder 2011 onwards;
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2010 onwards;
- Range Rover Discovery 4 2011 onwards;
- BMW X5 2010 onwards;
- Ford PX1 & PX2 Ranger 2011 onwards
- Ford Everest
- Mazda BT50 2011 onwards
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2012 onwards
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport + Triton (2016-on)
- Mazda Spirit.
Registered Postage Australia Wide with Insurance $22.00 Inc GST
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION MANUAL – Click on Link below